samedi 27 janvier 2018

Inspiring Simplicity. Weekend Reads.

Fill your life with stories to tell, not stuff to show.

The simplicity/minimalism movement is a beautiful community. And I enjoy any opportunity to promote writing that encourages people to live more by owning less.

So fix yourself a nice warm cup of coffee or tea. Find a quiet moment this weekend. And enjoy some encouraging words to inspire more simplicity in your life today.

I Was Getting Buried in Clutter. Here’s How I Finally Got Free. | The Washington Post* by Valerie Peterson. It might help to look at why we accumulate so much in the first place.

Decluttering Burst: Let Go of 100 Things in Less Than an Hour | Motherly by Courtney Carver. Set your timer for 60 minutes and get rid of 100 things. Here’s how to do it.

A Simple Phrase to Help You Stop Buying Stuff You Don’t Need | Dr. Allison Answers by Dr. Allison Niebes-Davis. I wish I could say that when I started practicing minimalism, I stopped wanting things. What has changed however is my ability to resist the pull to things.

The Pitfalls of Minimalism | Medium by Sílvia Bastos. Minimalism is for you—you just need to make it your own.

Keep Your Head Up: How Smartphone Addiction Kills Manners and Moods | The New York Times* by Adam Popescu. The problem of looking at our devices nonstop is both social and physiological.

*Editor’s note: The Washington Post and The New York Times limit the number of free articles nonsubscribers can read in one month.



from Becoming Minimalist http://ift.tt/2EfcU74

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire